I always wonder

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Speak Up

So at work today a friend of mine told me in order to get what I want I need to assert myself and tell him exactly how I feel and what I want. She told me that guys are stupid and slow. They don't get things unless you are basically blunt with them. I agree with her 150%. I just don't know why I didnt see this for myself. I told her that my actions (or non-actions) are because of my outragous fear of rejection. She was shocked the I had a fear of rejection. Her reaction was somewhat like this, "WHAT?! But you have everything. You look like a model. Even the secretary up stairs was like 'who is that attractive African-American girl?'" So I explained to her, because of comments like that, that I have been receiving since I was 14 or younger I believe that bull crap. I've been told that I will never have a problem getting anything I want. So when I get rejected I feel like I've failed. And failure and rejection are not two things you want to be stuck with at the same time. Because noone is above rejection, thats what I believe. So maybe I will tell him what I think, or feel out what he feels about me. But I do agree with my friend. I have to put it all out on the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home