High School and Secrets
So you know how when things get really petty, immature, gossipy, sneaky, and just very annoying between people we always acuse them of "acting like they are in high school"? Well I'm really starting to not believe that phrase anymore. I'm 20 years old and I still acuse people of acting like they are in high school. I have come to think that they way we behaved in high school was just the start of how we were going to act for the rest of our lives. People are always going to be sneaky, petty, gossipy and we will label that behavior as being immature but it really isn't, in my opinion. Sometimes as adults we can look passed these behaviors in others and if we are really strong we change these behaviors in ourselves, but I'm sure it will take a long time.
My next point is about secrets. The purpose of a secret is really obsoulete if you ask me. In the majority of cases a secret will always get out. Unless the only person you have told your secret to is yourself it will rear its dirty, ugly head. Why do we keep secrets in the first place? The number one reason I would have to say is embarrassment or shame. We don't want other people a chance to judge us about the actions we've taken or the way we think. Basically what makes us who we are. The majority of things we keep a secret are things that define ourselves. I believe when people have secrets they aren't trying to keep them from other people as much as they are trying to keep it from themselves. In most cases I believe keeping a secret from someone is even more worst than telling them and being honest. Everyone deserves to have their own amount of privacy and everone is entitled to not reveal their entire personality if they don't want. I just think people should be a lot less shocked when their information is leaked out.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home