Parenting Identification
In my Current Issues and New Technology class today we are discussing video games. The debate came up of whether or not kids having access to mature games is a good thing or a bad thing. Then people started to discuss the role of parents and some people had strong opinions on how parents should raise children and what contitues a "good" parent. But you really can't pinpoint what a good parent and bad parent is. To some parents babying their children all through college seems like a good idea. For others letting them run the streets is a effect way of letting them make their own decisions. I think that how ever a concept is working is good for those individuals. Then we got on the issue of people who even before conceiveing are more than likely not going to be a good parent. But what can you really say? "You are not allowed to conceive", eventhough they have the capabilities of doing so. Then me and a couple of other people thought it could be a good idea to have to take a test before making babies. But how would that work? You take a test and recieve a Parent Eligibility Identification, a PE ID if you will? So everytime you went to have sex with someone you had to check their PE ID in order to fornicate? Would you have points on you PE ID and depending on how two persons points matched up would that determine how good of parents they would be? I think if I had a PE ID I would have a restriction. Kind of like people who can only drive if they are wearing corrective lenses. I would have the restriction of only being able to "drive" or "ride" for that matter with corrective/protective controception. But I would put that restriction on my PE ID myself and anyone found not abiding by my restriction would get a ticket, not me.
1 Comments:
you're adorable. and you'll make a great Mom one day. Promise :)
-J
7:21 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home