I always wonder

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Here I am, perfect as I'm ever gonna be

I have noticed that when a person is trying to go through a transformation others are not always considerable to the new portrayal. That sucks. There will always be those people, and sometimes close friends who just don't believe a person can change. Regardless of whats been told to them or even what they see first hand. Like a person who is considered a binge drinker decides they are going to cut down. The first party or social setting that they attend with alcohol and they decide not to drink, what happens? Instead of being supportive and mature, majority of the time ridicule comes into play. That, in my opinion, is incentive to fall back into the same behavior you are trying to change. Not being accepted, especially when it comes to things that you are in control of, is humiliating and gives a person the sense of failure. I think that people, especially friends, should take things as they are. If a friend has confided in you something that they are trying to change for the better, then congradulate them or help them along their journey. And if you honestly think its ridiculous then just leave your comments to yourself and if the person does happen to fail then you'll have that satisfaction of knowing within yourself. But that's exactly where it should stay, within yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home